A few days ago I got a domain renewal notice, which reminded me that I have a blog. Well, I did some rearranging and now this is my new blog. What will I write about? Here’s a brainstorm of topics I thought about?
- Not being able to blog. (I did this in 2012 or something.)
- What’s the point of a blog in 2018? (Kottke did it.)
- Television broadcasters’ sporting event graphics, a personal obsession of mine. (NBC’s new NFL graphics debuted during the Super Bowl are great, and an excuse to extend the Thursday Night Football style to Sunday nights, especially since NBC gave up rights to Thursday nights. It’s also further legitimizes ESPN’s Monday Night Football big graphic approach. I love Rogers Sportsnet’s NHL graphics, even though it’s a few years old. AT&T SportsNet’s hockey graphics are nice, too. The international English Premier League graphics are compact but have a lot of character)
- My favorite songs of 2017 (“Love Galore,” “BagBak,” “Perfect Places,” “Turtleneck,” “The Bus Song,” “Passionfruit,” “Happy to Be Here,” “Despacito.”)
- Favorite albums of 2017 (Ctrl, DAMN.)
- Same thing for 2016 (because I didn’t blog anything).
- An unordered list of things I thought about while not blogging.
- Anything but a meta post about deciding to blog again.
- Posts researching a cool thing about the neighborhood I live in (Somerville, for now.)
- Why I deleted Twitter and stopped checking Twitter on my work computer (as cliche as leaving New York).
- Why my writing was never Awly enough (I never pitched The Awl).
- Weather reviews, but in Boston. (Too Awly.)
- How will people know to read this if I’m off Twitter?
- A thing about social media. (I just use Instagram, really.)
- Why I’m using an RSS reader again. (Specifically, Digg Reader, which promised fixes and additions years ago that haven’t been implemented. This is going to end well.)